Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has denied that he is anything to do with rumoured unrest in the Blues’ dressing room. The ‘Secret Footballer’ blog, apparently run by an ex-professional footballer who still has contacts in the game, claimed that the Spaniard was ‘the leader’ of a ‘mini-revolt’ at the defending Premier League champions.
With the Blues having lost six of their first eleven Premier League games so far this season, culminating in the 3-1 home loss to Liverpool, rumours have circulated in several quarters that Chelsea’s players aren’t happy with Mourinho’s management of the squad. Garry Richardson, from the BBC, was told by a source that a first team member of the Chelsea squad said he would rather ‘lose than win’ for Mourinho. Speculation ensued as to who that player might be, with Fabregas the main suspect.
The Spanish international has been quick to dismiss the links, however, taking to Twitter to say, “I would like to clarify that contrary to a few reports from some websites, I am extremely happy at Chelsea and have an excellent relationship with the manager. There may be certain individuals from the outside trying to destabilise this club but I strongly believe that we will bounce back and come good again”.
The 28 year old joined last year’s champions from Barcelona in June 2014. He was instrumental in Chelsea’s championship winning campaign last year, but has been less than impressive so far this time out. The former Arsenal man has only managed to find the net once so far this season, during the Champion’s League match against Maccabi Tel Aviv on the 16th of September. Fabregas was substituted after just 45 minutes in the match against West Ham last week and he only made it on to the pitch for 20 minutes against Liverpool on Saturday.